ARC & BWW Community Health Worker
The Anti-Recidivism Coalition and Black Women for Wellness seek an experienced Community Health Worker (CHW) who is passionate about creating healthy communities and reducing barriers to individuals accessing health care. This position will raise awareness in our community on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to connect our membership and their families to health care, social services and COVID-19 testing when necessary. This position is a one-year grant, for the term of Spring/2021 through Spring/2022. The position will bring awareness around COVID-prevention as well as support other efforts of ARC’s Mental Health and Wellness team. The CHW will be required to attend all necessary ARC meetings, weekly BWW staff meetings, and ensure that BWW and ARC’s values are reflected in the work. The CHW may also be required to participate in other ARC health advocacy efforts. The CHW will report directly to Ellen Goldwasser, the Clinical & Wellness Director in ARC’s Los Angeles office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Attend, actively participate in, and may help facilitate monthly direct service case meetings, staff meetings, and member support meetings at ARC.
• Attend, actively participate in, and help facilitate weekly ARC member groups and trainings.
• Assist with developing health education groups to provide resources and information to members to better understand the impact of COVID and how to protect themselves
• Attend and actively participate in weekly BWW staff meetings (Tuesdays 1:30-3:00pm)
and all other meetings pertaining to COVID-19 outreach and education.
• Timely respond to emails, calls, and slack messages from BWW staff, ARC supervisor and other ARC staff.
• Represent ARC and BWW in a professional manner at all times.
• Attend any other meetings that your supervisor assigns you to attend.
• Perform in- language outreach and education services virtually or in settings where our members may frequent when safety control measures and local directives permit, including: social media, online meeting platforms, texting, and phone-banking, neighborhood education teams, at COVID-19 testing sites, workplaces, places of worship, schools, homes, and other community- preferred events, locations, or distribution points. Outreach duties include disseminating information and other items (e.g., cloth face coverings) to increase awareness of and promote COVID-19 prevention activities within our community.
• Conduct case investigation and contact tracing to inform people who have been exposed to or are infected with COVID-19 about their risks and the need to isolate and quarantine, respectively.
• A college degree, or a combination of education and experience, in a related field (public health, social work, nursing, public policy)
• Personal lived experience in the criminal or juvenile justice systems preferred.
• Minimum of one year of experience in community outreach or public health advocacy
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Microsoft Outlook email and calendar system, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and under supervision
• Ability to organize and prioritize work
• Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Bilingual Preferred.
The annual salary for the CHW will be $45,000-55,000 commensurate with education, experience, and skills. BWW benefits include: individual employee health insurance paid by BWW, optional family health insurance and Aflac paid by employee, ten paid holidays, with additional paid vacation and sick leave accrued throughout the year.
HOW TO APPLY
Send Resume and Cover Letter to Ellen Goldwasser, Clinical & Wellness Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Member Engagement Coordinator
The Member Engagement Coordinator serves to connect ARC members to the many programs and opportunities offered by ARC and the broader community. This position plays a critical role in facilitating member engagement in monthly support meetings, weekly programming, public speaking opportunities, and other ARC and community events.
The Member Engagement Coordinator actively plans and participates in ARC-sponsored events and serves as a role model encouraging members to get involved in the community. This position also supports all staff in communicating information to members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Responsibilities related to the ARC Member Engagement include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the execution of extra-curricular member engagement activities such as: sporting and community events, and conferences.
- Organize and oversee the implementation of key member engagement activities including: Wolf Connection, River Rafting, Catalina Island visit, and the Annual Member Retreat.
- Plan and execute Monthly Member Support meetings.
- Cultivate and expedite volunteer opportunities for ARC members with a minimum of one volunteer event per month.
- Create systems for ongoing member outreach to increase attendance at weekly ARC support groups and activities.
- Work closely with all ARC Programs (Housing, Member Services) to ensure smooth and consistent communications about member needs.
- Create systems for tracking attendance and setting goals for member engagement throughout the year.
- Actively engage ARC community on the internal ARC Facebook page by posting group activities, volunteer opportunities, employment opportunities and serve as the main point of contact for getting information to ARC members.
- Capture video and photo content at member events to post on ARC’s social media channels.
- Experience with community organizing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite and knowledge of social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and/or willingness to learn to multitask.
- Leadership characteristics and excellent communication skills (written and verbal), along with an upbeat and outgoing personality.
- Reliable vehicle and valid driver license.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends, as needed.
The Member Engagement Coordinator position is classified as full-time non-exempt employee and will receive an initial salary of $45k per year, which is paid in accordance with the Company’s bi-weekly payroll schedule.
Eligible for Company benefits as outlined in the Employee Handbook, which are subject to change from time to time at ARC’s discretion.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter and resumé to Lili Herrera email@example.com.
Anti-Recidivism Coalition (ARC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The mission of the Anti-Recidivism Coalition (ARC) is to reduce incarceration, improve the outcomes of formerly incarcerated individuals, and to build healthier communities. ARC seeks to accomplish this mission in a three-fold approach: (1) to advocate for fair and just policies that: reduce crime, decrease the use of incarceration, and serve the needs and well-being of formerly incarcerated people; (2) to provide supportive services and resources to those affected by the criminal justice system that improves outcomes; and (3) to build healthier communities by returning motivated, mentally prepared, and high character men and women from incarceration to communities to serve as ambassadors for change. In brief, ARC is a support network, a connection to services and support, and an advocate for just and fair policies.