The Associate Director of Clinical Services will report to and work with the Program Director to help manage ARC’s Programs, Member Services Department, and Clinical services. The successful candidate will have: a strong sense of teamwork with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team; ability to prioritize; ability to practice flexibility and good judgment; ability to hold confidential information with integrity; ambition to develop new skills, be highly organized and detail oriented. The AD must role model leadership, must display patience and empathy, and must create an environment where both our staff and members can thrive.
The Associate Director of Clinical Services is responsible for supervising the LA-based and Sacramento Clinicians, including weekly individual and group supervision. The Clinical AD will also be responsible for supervising and mentoring Graduate Level Social Work (MSW) students in the Los Angeles office, assisting the Members Services Director in supervising therapists throughout the organization, and managing ARC’s therapeutic groups, including curriculum development. The AD will support ARC’s data analyst in evaluating ARC programs and will oversee and report on grants that support clinical programming and services. The Clinical AD will work closely with the Member Services AD to ensure that members receive therapeutic services and case management support and there is effective, open communication amongst the team.
Essential Position Functions
- Develop, manage, and help to coordinate and ensure high therapeutic quality of all weekly ARC groups.
- Create new and innovative groups and curricula for ARC support groups.
- Oversee and support with facilitation of ARC social-emotional groups.
- Support with creating and adhering to budgets for new programs/projects.
- Participate in brainstorming the viability of new opportunities and general expansion support/input.
- Support ARC’s internal data analyst with ARC program evaluation, including data collection and analysis.
- Help to develop/mentor formerly incarcerated staff members for leadership positions at ARC.
- Supervise MSW students.
- Supervise day-to-day operations of assigned departments.
- Support ARC’s external reporting for various funded projects
- All other requests as assigned by Members Services Director, Deputy or Executive Director.
- Master’s Degree required,
- At least four consecutive years of non-profit management experience; or
- Seven years clinical experience with currently or formerly incarcerated individuals, including managing budgets, contracts, and supervising clinical students
- Must be fully licensed (LCSW, LMFT, LPC) for at least two years
- Experience working in the juvenile or criminal justice fields.
- Management experience: supervising staff, managing contracts and budgets, developing and writing reports, etc.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Can work effectively in a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment.
- Skill Sets: Highly motivated and able to multi-task. Team spirit with trust in coworkers and excellent communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Experience with case management or treatment focused database preferred. Excellent written/verbal communication skills mandatory with the ability to work on a team.
Must have reliable transportation and current California Driver’s License with valid registration and insurance. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; drive; use hands and fingers; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, balance, stoop, kneel, and/or crouch (The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Keyboard data entry required.
Must be able to provide electronic proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or with Booster, if eligible, prior to start date if hired.
- Salary $68k-$75k
- 401k with employer match
- ARC pays 75% medical/dental/vision benefits for the individual; 50% for dependents.
- 10 paid vacation days, 6 paid sick days.
- Additional benefits include free parking, and gym
TO APPLY : Please send your résumé and cover letter to HR@arc-ca.org.
Please note that employment is contingent upon proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
Anti-Recidivism Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.