ARC is seeking a full-time Life Coach. The Life Coach (LC) is responsible for assisting all members in the downtown Los Angeles office attain optimal quality of life. The LC will be part of the member services team and provide support and life skills training for formerly incarcerated members. LC’s are responsible for assessing member needs and making referrals where appropriate. This is a challenging position that requires a self-motivated multitasker with a strong case-management background. Criminal Justice background is an asset along with passion and commitment to social justice reform. The position is non-exempt.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- In collaboration with the member services team, work to create a comprehensive plan for each member including, but not limited to: employment, education, recreation, physical/mental health, spiritual growth, life skills, and/or any other activities to enhance the well-being of the member.
- Provide case management services to members, through group and individual in-person and / or virtual meetings to ensure all goals/needs are being met.
- Participate in contracted projects.
- In collaboration with other staff, facilitate ongoing orientation meetings for new members and communicate expectations for the ARC Membership process.
- Assist members in connecting to supportive services, either provided directly by ARC or by partner organizations, if beyond the scope of ARC programs.
- Document all activities and interventions with members, including group activities, in ARC database by end of the next business day.
- Attend ARC staff meetings, case conferences, trainings, organizational gatherings, retreats, and conferences as requested.
- In collaboration with direct service staff, outreach (via phone calls, texts, and/or Facebook) to members regarding upcoming ARC related events, activities, groups, opportunities, etc.
- Coordinate care and interventions with member services team when members are in need of additional support.
- Coordinate referral to mental health therapists on site.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
· Work Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience working as a Counselor, Case Manager, and/or group facilitator. Experience with case file maintenance, group documentation, and contract compliance essential.
· Education: GED or High School Diploma required, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Background: Preferred minimum of 2 years of experience working with the re-entry/formerly incarcerated community. Experience in trauma-informed programing and/or conflict resolution is ideal. Position requires collaborating with partners, extensive knowledge of community resources with a strong emphasis on higher education, entitlements and services. Ability to problem solve in a restorative justice/supportive capacity.
· Skill Sets: Highly motivated and able to multi-task. Team spirit with trust in coworkers and excellent communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Experience with case management or treatment focused database preferred. Excellent written/verbal communication skills mandatory with the ability to work on a team.
Must have reliable transportation and current California Driver’s License with valid registration and insurance. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; drive; use hands and fingers; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, balance, stoop, kneel, and/or crouch. (The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Keyboard data entry required.
- Salary $50K.
- ARC pays 75% medical/dental/vision benefits for individual; 50% for dependents.
- 10 paid vacation days, 6 paid sick days.
- Approximately 10 days office closure during Christmas and New Year’s.