About the Organization
ARC is looking for an experienced, creative individual who is a self-starter and has a passion for bringing innovative arts programming to ARC and showcasing members’ talents. The ARC Creatives Intern will work within various Departments, including the Clinical & Wellness Department, Member Services, Communications, and Development to complete projects related to creative content and programs, website design, community outreach for arts programming, and the development and growth of arts programs at ARC. The Intern will be directly supervised by the Communications Director and will also be working with the ARC Creatives & Wellness Consultant. This part time internship is based out of ARC’s Los Angeles office and is paid.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Creatives team with outreach, program implementation, and quality of ARC’s arts programming.
- Create internal social media posts, emails, and community outreach to members to engage in our arts programming.
- Attend weekly Creatives team check-ins.
- Assist in development of the ARC Creatives website, including content, design, and general/administrative support.
- Participate and support in the facilitation of ARC Creatives groups and workshops, including those in visual arts, creative writing, music, photography, and theatre; prioritizing the areas in which the intern is most interested.
- Develop and promote ARC Creatives events and provide content to the Communications Department.
- Facilitate/Lead a Creatives project from start to finish with a team of members. This includes a project outline, goals, task assignment, and outcomes (eg: podcast episode, short film, art exhibit, etc). This project will engage both members of the ARC community and outside community-based organizations.
- This intern will have the opportunity to continue our work in the arts by leading a project such as those described above during their time at ARC. Long-term projects & creative content and design
- Participate in Creatives groups and workshops, as schedule permits.
- Document creatives events and provide content to the Communications department.
- Facilitate/Lead a creatives project from start to finish with a team of members. This includes a project outline, goals, task assignment, and outcomes (eg: podcast episode, short film, art exhibit, performance, etc).
- Connect with and engage community partners to host/co-host Creatives programs.
- Support and collaborate with current Creatives group/workshop facilitators.
- Collaborate with the Workforce and Education team to identify and develop unique workforce and arts education opportunities to address disparities of equity and access to arts careers.
- Currently enrolled in college (community, four-year, part time or full time).
- Excellent writing skills, verbal and written communication, and organization.
- Documented ability to organize, plan and follow through with deliverables.
- Proficient with Outlook, Microsoft Suite, and Google Suite.
- Creative thinker; interested in creative projects, programs, and activities.
- Some experience in visual, digital, or performing creative arts.
- Excellent problem solver; not afraid to ask questions.
- Passion for justice, especially as it relates to system-impacted people.
How to Apply:
The intern will be expected to work 15-20 hours per week and the work will be in-person in the LA office and/or in the community. The intern will be paid $16.90/hour and the internship is for a period of 10-27 weeks (400 hours total). This position is considered part time.
- Hourly rate is $16.90.
- The internship is 400 hours total, which must be completed between June 1, 2023 and March 1, 2024.
- Interns can work between 15-20 hours per week, depending on their schedule.
Equal Opportunity Statement
ARC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other category protected by local, state, or federal laws. We are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive staff team. We strongly encourage applicants who are people of color, LGBTQ, women, trans and gender non-conforming people, people with disabilities; and/or formerly.