The HR Generalist will support the HR Director (HRD) in building and supporting the HR function in all areas assigned by the HR Director. As HR Generalist, you will play a critical role in assisting with the employee journey including and not limited to on-boarding, benefits, compliance, HR systems implementation and maintenance, research, and development of HR policies, maintains employee handbook, organizational charts, and employee files.
The HR team is expected to be a full-service HR department that handles all aspects of HR, so a ‘can-do’ attitude with regards to fulfilling the employees’ requests and needs is a must. This position will report to the HR Director.
- Ability to maintain high level of discretion over sensitive organization and employee information.
- Partners with HRD and hiring managers to assist with candidate selection process for open positions; posting positions on job boards, performing onboarding and offboarding tasks, generate offer letters, facilitate background checks, and conduct new hire orientation, prepares separation documents and coordinates return of company property.
- Processes transactions in HR systems such as new hire and personnel actions, changes of status, promotions, terminations, organizational changes, etc. through required workflow process.
- Responds to routine HR questions including, but not limited to benefits, PTO and/or redirect employees to appropriate contacts in a timely manner.
- Builds and maintains employee files and employee profiles in ADP WFN
- Benefits administration: employee enrollment management, COBRA administration, and partnering with finance on billing reconciliation, coordinate annual Open Enrollment presentation and process, follow-up with staff to answer questions and assist with enrollment.
- Collaborates with Office Manager/Coordinator to maintain staff organization charts and employee directory.
- Maintains HRIS records and compiles reports from the database.
- Partner with HRD to investigate allegations of harassment, discrimination, improper conduct, and other HR related matters.
- Working knowledge of CA and Federal employment laws.
- Maintains calendar of dates for renewal or revision of recurring HR related policies, resolutions, or other items; tracks time-sensitive projects, following up with HRD well in advance of deadlines.
- Processes requests for HR related expenses for reimbursement, dues, and other expenses in accordance with proper approvals and budgets.
- Performs research and analysis of information; coordinates/manages special projects as requested.
- Sets up and maintains department e-files.
- Administers workers comp and leaves of absence.
- Collaborates with Finance to respond to garnishments, EDD UI claims, and worker’s comp claims.
- Team oriented, self-starter with the ability to drive projects through completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt quickly and be flexible in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to communicate and work with employees at all levels required.
- Other duties and requests as assigned by the HR Director.
- Must have a BS and at least 5 years HR experience.
- Must have minimum 3+ years of progressive human resources experience.
- Must demonstrate strong empathy and interpersonal skills.
- Strong efficiency using of MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Working knowledge of ADP WFN
- Effective organizational skills to manage projects.
- Current California driver’s license and valid insurance.
- Must be able to provide electronic proof of being fully vaccinated, including a Booster, if eligible.
ARC pays 75% of the premium for medical, dental and vision benefits for individual employee; 50% for dependents for full-time position. ARC provides an employer 401k Plan with an employer match.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send cover letter AND resume to Aliyah at firstname.lastname@example.org.