ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Anti-Recidivism Coalition (ARC) works to end mass incarceration in California. To ensure our communities are safe, healthy, and whole, ARC empowers formerly and currently incarcerated people to thrive by providing a support network, comprehensive reentry services, and opportunities to advocate for policy change. Through our grassroots policy advocacy, we are dedicated to transforming the criminal justice system so that it is more just and equitable for all people. Learn more at: www.antirecidivism.org.
ARC is looking for an experienced Life Coach in our 8–bed (and growing) college dorm-inspired housing program in Los Angeles. This program will work with young men enrolled in West LA Community College pursuing a career in film/television production through the Hollywood CPR program. This role will provide case management, educational support, life skills, and connect members with ancillary services aimed at ensuring their success in education, career, and independent living skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide individualized case management, advocacy, and referral services to members
- Arrange educational support; tutoring, tuition support, linkages, navigating campus/virtual classes, procuring needed supplies, GPA tracking, etc.
- Support individuals in developing foundational independent living skills, building savings, and preparing for independent living.
- Assist members with identifying barriers to independent living and finding solutions to those barriers.
- Create weekly schedules for members to promote individual success.
- Collaborate with college staff for progress reports on performance in school.
- Maintain proper documentation, in accordance with all regulatory and internal policies.
- Complete Individualized Service Plans for members.
- Facilitate weekly case management sessions with members, identifying and addressing progress/regression, service needs and offering linkage of resources.
- Performs comprehensive needs assessment within 24 hours of program entry for all new members.
- Facilitate group life skills training and development.
- Participate in continuing education trainings and community-based provider meetings, as assigned.
- Develop resources through outreach and collaboration with community providers.
- Collaborate with other staff members to ensure adherence to safety and security measures.
- Transport clients to appointments, events, and activities. as needed, using company vehicle.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Housing Director and Program Coordinator.
- Associate Degree (or greater) in a related field or must be enrolled in college working toward a degree.
- Familiarity working with system-impacted individuals in the employment and education environment.
- Clean driving record and insurable by ARC’s carrier.
- Lived experience is a plus.
The Life Coach at the Chaves Ranch will have the following experience and attributes:
- Flexible and self-starter; ability to multitask while also being highly detail oriented.
- Able to adapt to a trauma-informed environment to supportive of members and staff.
- Excellent people skills, with experience in collaborating in a multidisciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to ARC’s mission.
- Strong and effective problem-solving skills.
- ARC strongly encourages qualified formerly incarcerated and system-impacted individuals to apply.
- Pay rate is $24.00-26.00 per hour.
- ARC pays 75% medical/dental/vision benefits for individuals; 50% for dependents.
- Employer funded life insurance.
- 401(k) matching
- 10 paid vacation days, 6 paid sick days.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@arc-ca.org with “Life Coach – Chaves Ranch” in the subject line.
Please note that employment is contingent upon proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Anti-Recidivism Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.