ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The mission of the Anti-Recidivism Coalition (ARC) is to change lives and create safe, healthy communities by providing a support and advocacy network for, and comprised of, formerly incarcerated men and women to accomplish this mission. ARC advocates for fair policies in the juvenile and criminal justice systems and provides a supportive network of reentry services to formerly incarcerated individuals. Learn more at www.antirecidivism.org.
ARC is seeking a Life Coach (case manager) to work at our 80 bed Life Skills program, part of a Fire Training Program in conjunction with California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation and CAL FIRE, located in Ventura County. The role of this position is to provide life skills support and case management in an exciting program aimed at creating pathways to fire fighting careers for formerly incarcerated individuals. This is an opportunity to apply creative thinking to the provision of innovative support in this groundbreaking program. Experience with the criminal justice population is considered an asset, along with passion and commitment to social justice reform. This is a position that will interact with governmental agencies, ARC staff, as well as community organizations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
– Conduct needs evaluations to be utilized in conjunction with preparation, review, and updating of individual service plans.
– Heavy data-base management focus: case notes, individual service plans, intakes, group notes, incident reports, etc. in multiple databases.
– Maintain familiarity with current and new contracts to ensure compliance with funding source performance targets.
– Monitor participant progress and confer regularly with California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) and CAL FIRE staff concerning program progress and transition planning; document accordingly.
– Attend all ARC staff meetings, case conferences, organizational gatherings, retreats, and conferences, as requested.
– Transport participants to and from appointments/ARC functions.
– Provide case management to participants, ensuring all goals/needs are being met and documented into required data bases on a weekly basis while addressing performance targets stipulated by existing contracts.
– Support/facilitate groups, activities, and mentorship programs for participants both onsite at VTC as well as in the community.
– Participate/coordinate interventions between partnering agencies and participants when participants show signs of struggling in program.
– Refer individual and group counseling to participants through available therapy either onsite when available or with community resources when appropriate.
– Administer urinalysis tests for substance use.
– Monitor site for overall security and safety of participants, staff, and program.
– Monitor sign in/out log to ensure fidelity to protocols.
–Other responsibilities as assigned.
The Life Coach will have the following experience and attributes: At least 2 years of experience with a criminal justice or related population. Experience with case-file documentation, group documentation, and creating case management plans is essential. Residential experience preferred. The Life Coach will have the following experience and attributes:
– High School diploma or equivalent.
–Flexible and self-starter; ability to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented.
– Excellent people and communication skills, with experience in collaborating in a multidisciplinary, diverse and dynamic team environment.
– Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to ARC’s mission.
– Strong and affective problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
– Valid driver’s license and insurable by ARC’s carrier.
– Pass a California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation back-ground check.
– ARC strongly encourages qualified formerly incarcerated and system- impacted individuals to apply.
– Passionate about the ARC mission.
– Salary 45,000k – 50,000k range depending on experience.
– ARC pays 75% medical/dental/vision benefits for individual; 50% for dependents.
– 10 paid vacation days, 6 paid sick days.