ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Anti-Recidivism Coalition (ARC) works to end mass incarceration in California and throughout the United States. To ensure our communities are safe, healthy, and whole, ARC empowers formerly and currently incarcerated people to thrive by providing a support network, comprehensive reentry services, and opportunities to advocate for policy change. Through our grassroots policy advocacy, we are dedicated to transforming the criminal justice system so that it is more just and equitable for all people.
ARC is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic individual to serve as its Retention Mobility Specialist (RMS). The purpose of this position is to support ARC members in advancing within their careers from entry-level to management positions. The RMS will support ARC members in assessing their own skills as they consider different roles in their workplace and identifying opportunities for upskilling. The RMS will also support ARC members in developing career / workplace maps and strategies for upward mobility so that members have clear paths to improve their professional skills. Lastly, the RMS will work with employers to identify opportunities for ARC to help members achieve upward career mobility and to support members’ success in the workplace. This position reports to the Director of Workforce and Education and is based out of the Los Angeles headquarters and will be a primarily in-person position. This position is not limited henceforth to the duties described below, which are subject to change.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and identify industry-specific skills assessments.
- Support ARC members in identifying their long-term career aspirations.
- Develop and lead workshops on strategies for upward mobility.
- Develop processes for tracking ARC member wage and mobility progress.
- Draft and present reports, including grant reports, as requested, on ARC member career progress.
- Work with employers and other stakeholders to help facilitate career mobility for ARC members.
- Collaborate with and provide recommendations to program staff, administrative staff, and leadership on ways to improve workforce development programs at ARC
- Support the ARC’s Workforce and Development Teams as needed.
- Periodically review and draft reports on obstacles to upward mobility for formerly incarcerated communities.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with government (local, state, federal) contracts and private grants that are related to employment and education.
- Participate in ARC meetings and case conferences sharing best practices and providing thought partnership to colleagues.
- Maintain accurate member/program data to manage caseload and generate reports.
- Document each service, outcome, and new steps as well as any observations of members’ skills, job readiness, and/or other opportunities into a case management database.
- Analyze and report monthly data as required to maintain accurate client and program-based statistics.
- Conduct regular meetings with members to support with achieving employment/education goals.
- Preferred minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in the workforce development.
- Preferred experience with working in the Criminal Justice/Social Justice arena.
- Experience working with employers in creating paths for upward mobility
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Excellent writing skills and communication
- Skill Sets: Highly motivated and able to multi-task. Team spirit, with trust in coworkers. Requires excellent written and verbal communication including the ability to write clear emails/reports. Requires excellent interpersonal and community engagement skills. Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to execute day-to-day tasks and work independently as well as part of a team.
Must have reliable transportation and current California Driver’s License with valid registration and insurance. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; drive; use hands and fingers; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pound). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Keyboard data entry required.
- Salary range $60k to $75k
- Multiple employer medical/dental/ vision plans with up to 100% employee coverage, 50% for dependents.
- Employer funded life insurance.
- 401(k) matching
- 10 paid vacation days, 6 paid sick days.
APPLY Here :
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@arc-ca.org with th job title – location in the subject line.
Please note that employment is contingent upon proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Anti-Recidivism Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.